I made this natural unrefined Shea butter ointment to share with my friends and to use it for myself and I would like to share a method to adjust the natural scent of Unrefined 100% Raw Shea Butter with the natural ingredients.
• 1 dry & clean glass jar with lid (or small stainless cooking pot with lid)
• 1 dry & clean wood stick
• 50 g of Karitex Unrefined 100% Raw Shea Butter
• Few slices of lemon (or few drops of lemon essential oil)
• 5 - 10 drops of your preferred essential oil (optional), I used wintergreen for this Shea Butter ointment.
• 1 full teaspoon Organic Virgin Coconut oil
1. Squeezed 3 small slices of lemon into glass jar.
2. Put the 50g of Karitex Unrefined 100% Raw Shea Butter with fresh lemon juice.
3. Sealed the lid and boil it. Keep the temperature low and warmed it up until unrefined raw Shea butter is melt.
4. Unrefined Raw Shea Butter turned into liquid.
5. Time to put 1 full teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil.
6. Using the wood stick to mix the lemon juice, unrefined raw Shea butter and coconut oil.
7. Sealed the lid and wait for 10 to 30 minutes to ensure that liquid ingredients are blended well together.
8. Added 5 to 10 drops of Wintergreen essential oil into the jar.
9. Resealed the lid and wait for another 10 to 30 minutes. The temperature of the jar should cool down and Wintergreen essential oil blended itself into the liquid.
10. Slowly poured all the ingredients from the jar into containers.
11. Seal the cap, wait for the liquid to dry and turn into an ointment.
12. After few hours, the liquid is fully dried and ready to use.
13. Voilà ~ They are easy to carry on. It's ready to share with my friends.
The final results will vary depending on your recipes and quantities.
The quantities of the ingredients can be adjusted according to your personal preferences. Enjoy!